Friday, May 6, 2011

Taylor Swift Sets Date for Rehearsal Show to Aid Tornado Victims

Taylor Swift has announced a final dress rehearsal for her s upcoming "Speak Now Tour," a rare ticketed event that will serve as a fundraiser to benefit victims of the recent outbreak of tornadoes in the Southeast. The benefit show is set for May 21 at Nashville's Bridgestone Arena, and will be opened up to 13,000 fans. Swift's 2011 North American tour opens May 27 in Omaha, NE, and runs well into November.
"I've never opened a rehearsal to the public before, but I felt that inviting my fans to the last rehearsal for the 'Speak Now Tour' would be a great way to raise money," Swift said in a statement announcing the show. "So, tickets will be available for people to come see us in the Bridgestone Arena, where we've been rehearsing for the last five weeks.

"We'll probably still be doing some fine-tuning to the show that night, since this will be a true rehearsal," she added, "but I feel like it is so important for me and my fans to help if we can."

Ticketing information and event details for the benefit will be announced Monday (5/9) on Swift's official site.

No comments:

Post a Comment