Wednesday, December 28, 2011
Sunday, December 25, 2011
Phil Lesh and Friends WORLD PREMIERE Set with Warren Haynes and Jackie Greene 12-9-11 Orange Peel Xmas Pre Jam
Saturday, December 24, 2011
(photo: Erika Goldring)
Justin Townes Earle won the award for Song of the Year for "Harlem River Blues" from the album of the same title, during the 2011 Americana Music Association Awards at the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville, TN. Released in late 2010, Harlem River Blues was also nominated for Album of the Year at this year's honors ceremony. In addition to Thursday night's win and nomination, Earle performed a rousing rendition of the song for the gathered crowd of peers and fans, a performance that can be heard HERE, courtesy of NPR. [Justin's performance can be found at the 35:35 mark, and his Song of the Year category announcement at 1:01:43.]
An edited version of the award show will be aired November 19, 2011 as a special episode of the new season of the highly-acclaimed PBS series Austin City Limits (check local listings for exact local day and time). "ACL PRESENTS: AMERICANA MUSIC FESTIVAL 2011" will reach approximately 98% of American TV households via PBS stations nationwide.
Harlem River Blues has received critical and popular support since its release in September of 2010. The album debuted on the Billboard Top 200 chart at #47 and has been praised by the likes of Rolling Stone, SPIN, Mojo, and through the support of Justin's appearances on The Late Show with David Letterman, NPR's World Café and Morning Edition, and Prairie Home Companion.
You can watch Justin Townes Earle perform the now-AMA decorated "Harlem River Blues" on The Late Show with David Letterman HERE.
See more of Justin Townes Earle at his website: http://www.justintownesearle.com/
Upcoming tour dates:
10/15 – Stoughton, WI – Stoughton Opera House
10/21 – Knoxville, TN – Square Room (with Joshua Black Wilkins)
10/22 – Charlotte, NC – Whitewater Center (with Sam Bush)
11/13 – Orlando, FL – Orlando Calling Festival
12/2 – New York, NY – Zankel Hall
12/3 – New York, NY – Foothills Performing Arts Center (with Tristen)
12/4 – Fall River, MA – Narrows Center for the Arts (with Tristen)
12/5 – Lewiston, ME – Olin Arts Center/Bates College (with Tristen)
12/8 – Milford, CT – Daniel Street (with Tristen)
12/29 – Telluride, CO – Sheridan Opera House
3/22-25 – Live Oak, FL – Spirit of the Suwannee Music Park
3/31 – Cascade, IA – Ellen Kennedy Fine Arts Center
2. Brantley Gilbert - Half Way to Heaven, Remixed, Remastered, Reactivated – An album that received fairly little attention, other than from Brantley’s fanatical underground fans, upon it’s initial release became an entirely different beast in the hands of producer extraordinaire Dan Huff. The songs, which were already potential hits, are now anthems that will be sung for decades to come. “Country Must Be Country Wide,” has become Brantley’s first Billboard #1. The song gives lead instrumentalist Jess Franklin (guitar, keyboards, and backing vocals to go along with a co-producer credit) the chance to shine, recalling his former band Tishamingo at their best, only this time fronted by an undeniable superstar, Brantley Gilbert. While most of the attention this album has received has come from country radio, that label is very deceiving. Half Way to Heaven is actually one bad ass, Southern outlaw rock record that deserves an overdue spin in your local music player.
3. Vince Gill - Guitar Slinger – One would think a man with 20 Grammy Awards would have a hard time topping himself. And yet Gill’s Guitar Slinger is arguably his finest work to date, highlighted by virtuoso guitar, filled with classic elegance. The real treat here, however, is how masterfully Gill blends flat out rock, harking back to the one and only Elvis, even with some of his vocals. If Gill’s name does not come to mind when you think of the best pickers on the planet, Guitar Slinger should be looked at as an introduction, or perhaps a reminder, to just how skilled this former Pure Prairie League member remains to this day. A true master, still at his best.
4. Warren Haynes Presents – The Benefit Concert Vol. 4 – Warren Haynes’ Xmas Jam in Asheville is known to feature numerous highlights each year. The fourth installment in his Benefit Concert CDs comes from 2002, a year filed with excitement. Jerry Joseph, “The Kind of Place” and “Climb to Safety,” and Robert Randolph, “Looking Out My Window” and “Shake Your Hips,” are standouts on disc one. CD two contains the show’s finest moments, namely songs from a Bob Weir & Friends set that sent the crowd in to a frenzy, then closing with three tracks from Gov't Mule’s Deep End lineup.
5. Dani Wilde – Shine – A relative unknown Canadian songwriter, Dani Wilde is a force to be reckoned with. An artist in total control, Wilde plays guitar with classic Claptonesque precision. Her true magic, however, is heard in her voice. Many of the tracks on Shine evoke the emotions of a church of music, in much the way as Chris Robinson or Mike Farris. “How Do You Do It” is perhaps the finest example, an angelic voice, straight from Motown, wrapped with gospel keys wrapping blankets of melody around a voice that seems a divine gift from above.
6. Galactic – The Other Side of Midnight, Live in New Orleans – If you are a fan of Galactic, then you already know The Other Side of Midnight is undeniably the group’s musical masterpiece. Recorded at legendary Tipitina’s in October 2010, the disc features the band performing tighter than ever, particularly when asking another performer on stage. Guests include Cyril Neville on an outright nasty version of the classic Meters’ “Gossip,” Trombone Shorty, and Corey Henry from the Rebirth Brass Band, members of the Royal Family doing New Orleans proud.
7. Booker T Jones – The Road from Memphis – Backed by a band featuring members of The Roots, along with Motown guitar Dennis Coffey, the legendary Booker T. Jones delivers his best release since 1962’s Green Onions. The former child prodigy is joined at times by guests ranging from Sharon Jones to Lou Reed to My Morning Jacket’s Jim James. Throughout, the disc calls to mind the funk/soul sounds that Jones and his organ helped create, the sounds that propelled Stax Records to fame.
8. Dawes - Nothing Is Wrong – The second release from the California roots-based rock band Dawes, one of few groups on the national scene keeping the Laurel Canyon sound alive. Nothing Is Wrong shows a band continuing to evolve, honing their skills while writing world class music. Perhaps not original, but a walk through days gone by in Southern California, grooving to perfect harmonies of fine 70’s pop rock, does one’s soul good, reminding of good times good done, and others yet to come.
9. Chris Cornell – Songbook- Preparing to hit the road for an acoustic tour, Chris Cornell recorded a striped down batch of material that includes classic tracks from his former bands Soundgarden, Audioslave, and Temple of the Dog. Though he stays true to the essence of the original song, Cornell’s soft, clear vocal deliver provides a new insight to the author’s original mindset when penning the material years ago. When Cornell covers Led Zeppelin’s “Thank You,” the listener can not only hear, but also feel, the sincerity of the emotion in his voice, and guitar, making this song alone worth the cost of the disc.
10. Warren Haynes Band – Man in Motion – Stepping away fro Gov’t Mule for most of the year did not mean there would be no new CD from the hardest working man in the music business, Mr. Warren Haynes. This seemed to be the logical time for Warren let his funk and soul side shine, something he occasionally displays with Mule or the Allman Brothers, though never prominently. With a band that includes bassist George Porter Jr., keyboardist Ivan Neville, former Faces piano player Ian McLagan, and saxophonist Ron Holloway, Warren uses his guitar more sparingly than usual, allowing more time to sing from deep in his soul. When he does cut lose on that Gibson guitar, the licks are as heartfelt and passionate as they come.
11. David Bromberg – Use Me – Bromberg’s emergence from a 17 year recording hiatus was greeted with huge critical acclaim. For his follow-up, Use Me, Bromberg decided to take a completely different approach and ask some of his favorite musicians to compose or select songs tailored to his distinctive style. Amongst the finest taking this master up on his offer were Los Lobos (“The Long Goodbye”), Vince Gill (“Lookout Mountain Girl”), Levon Helm “”Tongue” and “Bring it With You When You Come”), and Widespread Panic (“Old Neighborhood”). Though some may look at this as another cover album, most lovers of fine music will find Bromberg’s uniquely tasty picking to add just enough juice to the mix to take the material to extremely new heights, all the while remaining true to the brilliance of the original. An interesting journey, for sure.
Friday, December 23, 2011
RCA Records is excited to announce the release of Talihina Sky: The Story of Kings of Leonon November 1, 2011. The release will be available on both standard DVD and Blu Ray as well as digitally via iTunes. The DVD and Blu Ray editions will come with 45 minutes of bonus features including additional scenes not included in the film, two commentaries from the band and filmmakers as well as home-movie footage. The film premiered at the Tribeca Film Festival on April 21, garnered huge praise and was acquired by Showtime, premiering on the network on August 21.
When three teenaged brothers and their cousin rebelled against their strict, religious Southern upbringing to form Kings of Leon, their humble backstory garnered almost as much attention as their music. Many questioned if they were really related and if rumors of their father being a Pentecostal preacher were true. Since then, the band has achieved worldwide, Grammy®Award-winning success and Talihina Sky: The Story of Kings of Leon lies to rest the mystery and myths as it details the rise to fame from their bible belt beginnings.
The documentary kicks off at the annual Followill family reunion in the back woods of Talihina, OK, where the boys return to their roots and unwind with their family. First-time director and Followill friend Stephen C. Mitchell weaves personal home videos, unedited interviews and behind-the-scenes footage of the band's journey from their small-town beginnings -- spent in poverty and touring the circuit with their father, a Pentecostal evangelist minister, and their devout mother -- to living the rock star dream.
Talihina Sky: The Story of Kings of Leon is produced by Casey McGrath for Phear Creative and executive produced by Nathan, Caleb, Jared and Matthew Followill.
VH1 has selected Dawes as their "You Oughta Know" artist for the month of September. Launched in 2004, VH1's "You Oughta Know" franchise introduces promising new artists on the rise to VH1's base of music lovers. Many "You Oughta Know" artists have gone on to win industry awards and accolades including "Best New Artist" Grammy Awards and nominations. This highly acclaimed franchise has helped break artists such as Adele, Amy Winehouse, Bruno Mars, The Civil Wars, Colbie Caillat, Corinne Bailey Rae, Foster The People, The Fray, Grace Potter and The Nocturnals, James Blunt, Mumford & Sons, Sara Bareilles, Regina Spektor and many, many others.
Dawes are certainly a worthy and deserving selection for the "You Oughta Know" distinction given their road warrior ethic, their passionate and compelling live performances, combined with their beautifully crafted studio material that show depth and maturity in songwriting and performance beyond their years.
The current single, "Time Spent In Los Angeles" (music video directed by Sam Jones) showcases their heartfelt lyrics that touch upon the feeling of constant movement and endless fleeting moments spent from time on the road that endear the band to listeners from the restlessness and yearning quality in their music.
A self described "American rock 'n' roll band," Dawes is comprised of four talented friends (among them, two brothers)- Taylor Goldsmith singer/guitarist, Griffin Goldsmith on drums, Tay Strathairn on the keyboard and bassist Wylie Gelber.
'Nothing Is Wrong' is the follow-up to the band's 2009 debut, 'North Hills' (featuring their breakout anthem, "When My Time Comes"), an extraordinary record that was released quietly and soon became regarded among critics and fans across the country as a classic and must-own favorite.
A collection of songs that expertly builds upon the template laid by 'North Hills', 'Nothing Is Wrong' sees Dawes displaying strong growth and evolution while still manifesting their distinctive, unforgettable voice with their modern Americana sound incorporating warm guitars in gorgeous modern folk arrangements.
The album captures both Dawes' studio and stage approaches with their, matching the loose extemporaneity and crunchy dynamism of the band's live sets with finely honed arrangements and deft musicianship.
Dawes recently announced a North American fall tour, which they will be co-headlining with Blitzen Trapper. The 29-date tour will hit major cities across the US and Canada, including New York, Washington DC, Philadelphia, Chicago, Minneapolis, and San Francisco, culminating with a stop at The Music Box in Los Angeles. Prior to their fall tour, Dawes spent the summer supporting Bright Eyes and M. Ward during the week of their album release, serving as Jackson Browne's opening act and backing band in Europe, and most recently, opening for Alison Krauss & Union Station throughout the US.
VH1's "You Oughta Know" package features music videos on VH1 and streamed music videos, interviews, original video programming, tour updates, photos and more on VH1.com.
Tuesday, December 13, 2011
Wednesday, November 30, 2011
Tuesday, November 29, 2011
Monday, November 28, 2011
NICOLE ATKINS TO RELEASE FREE LIVE EP NICOLE ATKINS AND THE BLACK SEA …TILL DAWN ON OCTOBER 6TH
Nicole Atkins and The Black Sea have releasde a new live EP Nicole Atkins and The Black Sea…Till Dawn, which is available for free download for a limited time. The EP will be available online at all DSPs for purchase on October 11th. Recorded this July at Music Hall of Williamsburg in Brooklyn, NY, …Till Dawn captures Atkins' & The Black Sea's raw, energetic live performance. This EP follows the February release of her critically acclaimed sophomore album, Mondo Amore (Razor & Tie). Known for her powerful and hypnotic sound, Nicole's bluesy, psychedelic songs showcase her stunning vocal range.
Nicole has spent 2010 on the road playing a combination of headline shows, festival dates including Bonnaroo, Mountain Jam, and Ottawa Blues Fest, and supporting The Black Keys, Fountains of Wayne and the Avett Brothers. This past March Nicole took SXSW by storm, her set hand-picked for broadcast on Last Call with Carson Daly while Time Magazine named her performance one of the 10 best of the festival ....Till Dawn captures the live performance that Nicole Atkins and The Black Sea have become known for.
Watch exclusive 8MM live video of "My Baby Don't Lie" HERE.
October 6, 2011
…Till Dawn Track List:
1. This Is For Love
2. You Come To Me
3. Hotel Plaster
4. My Baby Don't Lie
5. The Tower
Nicole Atkins Tour Dates:
Sept 17 - Clark, NJ - Union County MusicFest
Sept 20 - Norfolk, VA - Constant Convocation Center*
Sept 21 - Reading, PA -Sovereign Center*
Sept 25 - Gilford, NH Meadowbrook - U.S. Cellular Pavilion*
Sept 27 - Cooperstown, NY - Brewery Ommegang *
Sept 29 - New York, NY -Webster Hall
Oct 5 Brooklyn, NY - Petty Fest- MHOW
Oct 6 - New York, NY Petty Fest - Bowery Ballroom
Oct 7 - Kingston, NY - O+ Festival
Oct 13 - Brooklyn, NY - The Interview Show - Union Hall
* with Avett Brothers
Thursday, November 3, 2011
Wednesday, November 2, 2011
Landslide Records Sets November 15 Date for Sean Costello " At His Best - Live" with 16 Previously Unreleased Tracks
Sean Costello: At His Best – Live, a special album of live performances recorded by the late blues guitarist/singer, featuring 16 tracks of all previously unreleased live material recorded in the US and Europe from 2000-2007 will be released by Landslide Records on November 15. This first ever completely live album of Sean Costello performances includes 11 songs not on any prior Costello release. At His Best – Live was mastered by acclaimed producer/engineer Rodney Mills (Gregg Allman, Atlanta Rhythm Section) and represents the essence of Sean Costello's unique artistry and total devotion to the genre.
Landslide Records is distributed nationally in the U.S. by Select-O-Hits. A portion of the royalties from the sale of the album will benefit the Sean Costello Memorial Fund for Bi-Polar Research (http://www.seancostellofund.org).
Throughout At His Best – Live, Costello demonstrates why he was tagged as a blues artist of immense talent and potential at the age of 16, and how he continued to deliver on that promise up until his tragic death in April, 2008, just one day shy of his 29th birthday.
It also documents the strong overall musicianship Sean surrounded himself with throughout his career. In September of 2009, Landslide Records released Sean's Blues, a 20-track memorial retrospective collection culled from his three commercial album releases from 1996 through 2001, as well as previously unreleased tracks, which garnered rave reviews from fans and critics alike.
Now, on At His Best – Live, blues fans who never got to see Costello perform will hear what all the excitement was about; and for those fortunate enough to have experienced a Sean Costello show in-person, the new CD will bring back vivid memories of the energy force that drew audiences from all over the world to this incredibly talented musician.
"This CD release intends to share the incomparable power and magic of Sean Costello's shows," writes blues writer Tom Hyslop in the album's liner notes. "Drawing from clean soundboard recordings and warts-and-all, you-are-there audience tapes alike, it offers a fair representation of Costello's ever-evolving musical reach, including serious blues, sultry soul and R&B, and rock 'n' roll.
"When performing songs from his albums, Sean generally hewed closely to the reference versions. We have tried here to present rare performances in which Costello shook off those bonds and took artistic flight. More difficult was selecting the "best" takes of blues that Sean had not recorded, and therefore approached with complete liberty and palpable joy. On these favorites, his improvisations were reliably staggering, displaying his playful sense of humor, impeccable groove, chops, and attitude. It was a rare night that went by without Costello pulling down stars from the sky. Like his hero Johnnie Taylor, he was just doing his own thing. And how."
At His Best – Live showcases that special gift Sean Costello had to interpret songs and truly make them his own. The track list for the album highlights his mastery of Chicago blues, swing/jazz, funk, rhythm and blues, soul and rock. Highlights abound throughout the CD: witness his amazing take on Freddy King's "San-Ho-Zay", Lloyd Glenn's "Blue Shadows," Magic Sam's "All Your Love," Lowell Fulson's "Reconsider Baby" and Johnny "Guitar Watson's "Motor Head Baby" (wherein Sean ascends to interplanetary heights with his guitar work). On songs such as "T-Bone Boogie" and "The Hucklebuck," Costello exhibits a deft touch within the swing/jazz idiom with some amazing fretwork and interplay with standout keyboard player Matt Wauchope; and on such killer soul/rhythm & blues tracks as "I Get a Feeling," "Check It Out," "Can I Change My Mind" and "Doing My Own Thing," his soulful vocals and guitar work get inside the songs themselves. Closing out the set is Sean's version of Little Richard's classic, "Lucille," which shows that he could also rock out with the best of them.
Sean Costello: At His Best – Live - Track Listing
3. Blue Shadows
4. T-Bone Boogie
5. All Your Love
6. I Get A Feeling
7. Check It Out
8. Can I Change My Mind
9. You're Killing My Love
10. Reconsider Baby
11. Doing My Own Thing
12. The Hucklebuck
13. Motor Head Baby
14. Hold On This Time
15. The Battle Is Over But The War Goes On
16. Peace Of Mind
Friday, October 28, 2011
JOHN FOGERTY SET TO ROCK NEW YORK'S BEACON THEATRE
WITH UNPRECEDENTED TWO-NIGHT STAND;
ROCK & ROLL ICON TO PERFORM CLASSIC
CREEDENCE CLEARWATER REVIVAL ALBUMS
ALONGSIDE HIS AMAZING JUKEBOX OF TIMELESS HITS;
"COSMO'S FACTORY" SLATED FOR NOVEMBER 17TH,
FOLLOWED BY "GREEN RIVER" ON NOVEMBER 18TH
Legendary rocker John Fogerty has announced an unprecedented series of live shows at New York City's famed Beacon Theatre. "Looking Out My Back Door: John Fogerty Performs Live! The Albums of Creedence Clearwater Revival" will see Fogerty perform in their entirety "COSMO'S FACTORY" on November 17th and "GREEN RIVER" on November 18th. In addition, Fogerty will perform a bonus set comprising classic songs from the extraordinary CCR days to his solo canon of hits. Fogerty's special guests for both nights will be the acclaimed Delta Spirit.
Internet pre-sale tickets will be available beginning 8am EST this Saturday October 1. All remaining tickets will then go on sale to the general public on Monday October 10 at 10am EST. For full details and ticket information, please visit www.johnfogerty.com.
A number of additional live performances are also slated for November. Complete details can be found at www.johnfogerty.com/tour.aspx.
Fogerty and his crack band spent much the past summer rockin' all over the world, drawing rapturous critical acclaim at every stop. "Energetic, wired, and vital...Fogerty was simply a physical wonder to behold," exclaimed the Toronto Sun in a four-starred rave. The San Francisco Examiner declared Fogerty's "crowd-pleasing" set as one of the clear highlights of the Outside Lands Music & Arts Festival, while Rolling Stone pointed out that "Fogerty couldn't hold back his enthusiasm."
John Fogerty is a true American treasure, one of popular music's all-time greatest singers, guitar players, and songwriters. His remarkable career began in his hometown of El Cerrito, California, soon earning massive popular and critical success with the one and only Creedence Clearwater Revival. As leader of CCR, Fogerty forged a distinctive, groundbreaking sound all his own, equal parts blues, country, pop, rockabilly, R&B, swamp boogie, and Southern fried rock 'n' roll, all united by his uniquely evocative lyrical perspective.
From 1968 to 1971, Creedence Clearwater Revival unleashed an incredible succession of hit singles and platinum certified albums that remains unparalleled in the annals of rock 'n' roll history. Their expansive cover of "Suzie Q" was followed by a stunning series of Fogerty-penned favorites that dominated rock and pop radio, including "Proud Mary," "Down On The Corner," "Born On The Bayou," "Have You Ever Seen The Rain," and what remains the definitive anti-war anthem, "Fortunate Son."
"GREEN RIVER," the second of three CCR albums released in 1969, proved their first out-and-out blockbuster. Fuelled by the smash singles, "Bad Moon Rising" and "Green River," not to mention the immortal "Lodi," the album spent three weeks atop the Billboard 200, confirming Fogerty's status among American rock 'n' roll's preeminent artists.
1970's "COSMO'S FACTORY" marked Creedence Clearwater Revival's biggest seller and greatest critical triumph. The album - currently certified 4x-platinum by the RIAA - stands tall as a veritable jukebox of iconic rock 'n' roll, from "Travelin' Band" and "Who'll Stop The Rain," to "Run Through The Jungle" and "Up Around The Bend," to "Lookin' Out My Back Door" and the epic "I Heard It Through The Grapevine."
After Creedence Clearwater Revival called it quits in 1972, Fogerty embarked on what would prove to be an equally impressive solo career. Among its many highlights are 1975's "JOHN FOGERTY" - featuring the rollicking "Rockin' All Over The World" - and 1985's #1 phenomenon, "CENTERFIELD." With its trio of timeless hit singles, including "The Old Man Down The Road," "Rock And Roll Girls," and the irresistible title track, the multi-platinum collection marked Fogerty's glorious return to the forefront of modern rock 'n' roll.
1997's "BLUE MOON SWAMP" earned Fogerty further acclamation, as well as a Grammy Award for "Best Rock Album." Among his many other honors are induction in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame and the Songwriters Hall of Fame, the BMI Pop Music Awards' prestigious "BMI Icon," and Performance Magazine's "Theater Tour of the Year" Award. In addition, Fogerty and "Centerfield" were honored during the 2010 National Baseball Hall of Fame Induction Ceremonies - the first time the National Baseball Hall of Fame has immortalized a musician or song as part of the annual ceremonies.
Having made infrequent live appearances in the 90s, by 2004 he had made a full-throated return to the road, including the MoveOn.org-sponsored Vote For Change tour and his first series of European dates in more than three decades. Other live highlights include 2009's 25thAnniversary Rock And Roll Hall of Fame Benefit Concerts at Madison Square Garden (which saw him performing alongside Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band) and a stellar main stage set at 2010's Bonnaro Music & Arts Festival in Manchester, Tennessee. Still going strong in 2011, Fogerty and his always electrifying backing band bring it each time they step upon a stage, performing his mind-blowing body of work to generation after generation of adoring fans.
Thursday, October 27, 2011
Arthur Channel featuring current and former members of The Wallflowers, RHCP, QOTSA and more announce debut single and LA show
Wednesday, October 26, 2011
Sunday, October 23, 2011
The Grateful Dead Movie will see its first-ever Blu-ray release on November 1, when Shout! Factory releases a deluxe 2-disc version, with the feature film on Blu-ray and a DVD loaded with an extensive slate of bonus features.
Co-directed by Jerry Garcia, The Grateful Dead Movie was originally released in 1977, and captures performances from five October 1974 shows at San Francisco's Winterland Ballroom. In an essay accompanying the Blu-ray, Dennis McNally, Grateful Dead biographer and the former publicist for the band, writes "when the Dead concluded that their epic achievement in sound design, the Wall of Sound, was a fabulous albatross threatening to destroy them, and that a substantial break would follow five mid-October 1974 shows at Winterland, and Who Knew?—maybe these really were The Last Shows—it was the most logical thing in the world for Jerry to hire a film crew and have a movie to make during the hiatus in Dead touring. Like most Dead projects, The Grateful Dead Movie was substantially improvised and required massive amounts of really peculiar synchronicity to work—and somehow came out great in the end."
Disc 1 of The Grateful Dead Movie features the film in its entirety on Blu-ray, transferred from the original 35mm film negative in High Definition and presented in 1.78:1 widescreen aspect ratio. The performances include Dead classics such as "Truckin'," "Sugar Magnolia," and "Casey Jones."
Disc 2 is a DVD containing more than 95 minutes of bonus concert footage, including "Uncle John's Band," "Sugaree," "The Other One‚" "Spanish Jam‚" "Mind Left Body Jam‚" "Scarlet Begonias," "China Cat Sunflower‚" "I Know You Rider," "Dark Star," and "Weather Report Suite." Also included in the bonus features are the option for visible lyrics, a feature-length commentary with supervising editor Susan Crutcher and film editor John Nutt, the documentary films "A Look Back," "Making of the Animated Sequence," and "Making of the DVD," the television commercial for the Mars Hotelalbum from 1974, multicamera and multitrack audio demonstrations, and an extensive photo gallery of production notes, photos, film stills and other historical items from the Movie's production.
Additionally, viewers can choose which sound mix they want, including a 5.1 DTS HD Master Audio presentation of the original theatrical audio mix, a DTS 5.1 audio mix, mixed from the master multitrack tapes, or the PCM 2.0 audio mix, all from the master multitrack tapes. The bonus songs were transferred from the 16mm camera-original film negative, with audio from the master multitrack tapes offered in both a Dolby Digital 5.1 audio mix or Dolby Digital 2.0 audio mix.
The legendary Grateful Dead Movie is known for its remarkably intimate look at the band and the Deadhead scene of the time. Now fans can enjoy the film in high definition as never before.
Fans who preorder The Grateful Dead Movie directly from Shout! Factory will receive an exclusive bumper sticker with their order, while supplies last. Additionally, it will ship on October 18, two weeks before being available in stores. For more info, visit: www.shoutfactorystore.com/prod.aspx?pfid=5257509
The Grateful Dead Movie is the first in a line of Grateful Dead films slated for release by Shout! Factory in collaboration with Rhino Entertainment. Future releases will include The Closing Of Winterland, Dead Ahead, Truckin' Up To Buffalo, Ticket To New Year's, Downhill From Here, View From The Vault, View From The Vault Vol. 2, View From The Vault Vol. 3, View From The Vault Vol. 4 and So Far, a 1987 film that has previously only been available on VHS and laserdisc.
2. U.S. Blues
3. One More Saturday Night
4. Bill Graham's Crew Introduction
5. Goin' Down The Road Feeling Bad
8. Eyes Of The World
9. Ripped Off Fan
10. Sugar Magnolia
11. It's Like A Continuous Trip
13. Playing In The Band
14. Levy Gets In
15. Stella Blue
16. Casey Jones
17. The Om People
18. Weirdness From He's Gone
19. Morning Dew
20. Encore Break
21. Johnny B. Goode
22. It Must Have Been The Roses/End Credits
Uncle John's Band
The Other One
Mind Left Body Jam
The Other One
China Cat Sunflower
I Know You Rider
Weather Report Suite
About Shout! Factory
Shout! Factory is a diversified entertainment company devoted to producing, uncovering and revitalizing the very best of pop culture. Founders Richard Foos, Bob Emmer and Garson Foos have spent their careers sharing their music, television and film faves with discerning consumers the world over. Shout! Factory's DVD offerings serve up classic, contemporary and cult TV series, riveting sports programs, live music, animation and documentaries in lavish packages crammed with extras. The company's audio catalogue boasts GRAMMY®-nominated boxed sets, new releases from storied artists, lovingly assembled album reissues and indispensable "best of" compilations. These riches are the result of a creative acquisitions mandate that has established the company as a hotbed of cultural preservation and commercial reinvention. With its fingers on the pulse of pop culture, Shout! Factory continues to impact the entertainment media landscape through acquisition of top quality programming for home entertainment releases. Shout! Factory is based in Santa Monica, California. For more on Shout! Factory, visit www.shoutfactory.com.
Wednesday, October 5, 2011
M T Press
Friday, September 23, 2011
Sunday, September 11, 2011
- Find The Cost Of Freedom (Crosby, Stills & Nash)
- State Trooper (Bruce Springsteen)
- Dirty Work (Steely Dan)
- Grandma's Hands (Bill Withers)
- That's The Way (Led Zeppelin)
- You Got Lucky (Tom Petty)
- Baby Driver (Simon & Garfunkel)
- Waiting On A Friend (Rolling Stones)
- Angel (Jimi Hendrix)
- Dirt Floor (Chris Whitley)
Saturday, September 10, 2011
Boston-based songstress Marissa Nadler and NY collaborative project Cloud Seeding have released a brand new video for the track "Ink Jar," as Nadler prepares for a set of North American dates with James Vincent McMorrow and a European fall tour. Spearheaded by Brooklyn-based guitarist Kevin Serra (This Ascension, Lot 49), Cloud Seeding is a music singles project conceived as a space of collaboration to showcase vocalists he admires. Nadler is the first vocalist to team up with Serra, penning the vocals for this song.Directed by Christopher Arcella, the video features actors Ray Lorini and Vera Arcella on a cosmic love journey and can be watched at YouTube or Vimeo.
After releasing several albums with Kemado (and having one of her songs inspire the name for vinyl start-up Mexican Summer), Nadler ventured out independently for her critically acclaimed self-titled album, which has been featured on NPR "World Cafe: Next," NPR First Listen, Vogue, KEXP, Pitchfork 'Overlooked Records of 2011' with an 8.1 album review, and as one of SPIN's "5 Best New Artists for June," among others.
Marissa Nadler On Tour
09/23 - Philadelphia, PA - World Cafe Live w/ Sharon Van Etten
10/12 - Bergen, Norway - Perfect Sounds Forever
*with James Vincent McMorrow