Friday, July 22, 2011

Deborah Allen to Release New Album 'Hear Me Now' Aug. 16

Grammy-nominated singer, songwriter and performer Deborah Allen is releasing her long-anticipated new album, titled Hear Me Now, on Aug. 16.

Hear Me Now
 includes Allen's current single, the danceable Country-shuffle "Anything Other Than Love," which continues its steady climb up the Music Row chart.  The 12 songs on the album reflect Allen's overall versatility as a singer and songwriter, as well as her trademark ability to incorporate elements of Country, Blues, Pop, Rock and Gospel into a cohesive piece of art.  Allen also produced nine of the album's 12 tracks.

"Each song on Hear Me Now is a musical journey, and together they make one of my favorite collections of music I have ever released," says Allen.  "I know it's been a while since my last record, so I thought it would be appropriate for my new album to be called Hear Me Now.  When you are listening to these songs, know that you are listening to a little piece of my heart!" 

Allen is accompanied on Hear Me Now by some of Nashville's finest songwriters and musicians, including Nashville Songwriter Hall of Fame member Gary Burr ("Anything Other Than Love" co-writer), and nomineeGary Nicholson, 12-time ACM Guitarist of the Year and two-time CMA Musician of the Year Brent Mason, ACM Keyboard Player of the Year Michael Rojas, ACM Guitarist of the Year Brent Rowan and legendary songwriter/producer Bobby Braddock, who produced three songs on the album ("All That I Want," "Last Time For Everything," "What Makes A Woman").  Marty Stuart drummer Harry Stinson, former Shenandoah vocalist Curtis Wright and Pebe Sebert (mother of Pop star Ke$ha) also contribute material as songwriters on Hear Me Now.

"Deborah is singing better than ever, which is saying a lot!" says Braddock.  "'Anything Other Than Love' is one of the best Country singles in years.  It just keeps rockin' my brain!"

Hear Me Now opens with one of Allen's favorite new songs, the powerful and poignant ballad "Amazing Graceland," which the Delta singer wrote after her first visit inside Elvis' Graceland mansion two years ago. 

"I could feel Elvis' spirit in every room," says Allen, who was born and raised in Memphis.  "I was so moved.  On the way back to Nashville, the one word that kept going through my head was 'amazing.'  As soon as I walked in my back door, I went straight to the piano and began writing this song as a tribute for the international legend, my hometown hero and the beautiful place he called home."

The Aug. 16 release of Hear Me Now coincides with Elvis week, held in Memphis Aug. 10-16.  Allen will appear at numerous events during the week, including a performance at George Klein's Memphis Mafia Reunion on Aug. 14 and an appearance at the Elvis Candlelight Vigil on Aug. 16.

As an artist with career hits like "Baby I Lied," "I've Been Wrong Before," "Rock Me" and "I Hurt For You," Deborah Allen is a two-time Grammy nominee and a recipient of multiple BMI Millionaire Airplay awards.  As one of Nashville's most versatile songwriters, Allen has a catalog of more than 1,600 published songs, including cuts for LeAnn Rimes, Brooks & Dunn, Tanya Tucker, Patty Loveless, John Conlee, Janie Fricke, Isaac Hayes, Diana Ross, Sheena Easton, Fleetwood Mac and others. 

Hear Me Now will be available Aug. 16 at retail stores and through all major digital outlets, including iTunes, Amazon, Napster, Rhapsody and more.  The album is released in a joint venture with Nashville-based digital label, GMV Nashville.

For more information, visit www.DeborahAllen.com

No comments:

Post a Comment